Root Shoot is hiring! Do you have what it takes?
Root Shoot Malting is seeking a self-directed, honest, hardworking, and dynamic individual to join our team in the role of Production Specialist. This position reports and works closely with our Malthouse Manager. Together you will work to position the company as a leader in the new, nationally emerging craft malt industry.
Our small team has a passion for learning, growing, and innovation. Quality craft malt and collaboration are keys to our business’ success.
This position requires an aptitude for hard work, attention to detail, risk-taking, and creative problem solving.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize bagging and delivery schedule, including packaging super sacks and 50 pound bags on a daily basis. Must have the ability to be on your feet for periods of 4-8 hours and lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly without injury.
- Assist in malthouse operations as required by our Malthouse Manager and be fully trained on all processes and equipment in malthouse. This includes inventory management and weekly projections.
- Ensure all documentation and record keeping requirements are fulfilled and maintained as directed by our Malthouse Manager.
- Abide by our Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and maintenance schedule for grain handling, all malting equipment, packaging and malt cleaning equipment. This will include a daily/weekly log of cleaning the germ/kiln and steeping vessels. Training and education will be available.
- Communicate with our Accounts Manager on an as-needed basis regarding inventory availability.
- Assist our Malthouse Manager in our Sensory Analysis and Quality Control Program. This includes helping send samples from each batch of malt to Hartwick College for lab testing analysis, and weekly performance of ASBC Hot Steep Method for every batch of malt. Record findings, discuss with teammates, track consistency and occasionally help our Malthouse Manager brew for quality control.
- Become proficient in Method CRM, including printing of packing slips for deliveries.
- When our delivery driver is unavailable, be available to make deliveries on an as-needed basis.
- Full-Time or Part-Time Position: up to 45 hours per week, with occasional weekends based on production schedule. Hours, salary, and benefits to be mutually determined.
- Flexibility to meet adjusting work schedule
- High School Diploma required
- Must be trained in and able to operate a fork-lift.
- Manual labor and mechanical work experience required.
- Must be a non-smoker
- Must be over 21 years old.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Interest/passion for the craft food and beverage industry
How to apply:
If you are ready to join the RSM team, email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Root Shoot Malting is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.